WEEK THREE: Steps+Food-what do we do?
GOAL OF THE WEEK
For years now, the most effective way to lose weight has been proven time & again, to simply write down what you eat. No other obligation, just write & over longer periods of time that has been effective toward weight loss. Log all the food you eat (write it down), for an entire day, no matter what it is. Example: 1 point = One day of logging food. Seven days of food logging = 7 points. So at the end of this week, please send your “food logging total” to Denise.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Try & choose foods that have not been fried or are processed (that means things in a box or bag ).
- Do not force yourself to eat foods that you do not like the taste of.
- If you are a fast food junky - consider your first food of the day important - try oatmeal or eggs or some protein choice, but make sure you like it.
- If you are challenged to “eat well”- consider getting a food service or try & eat the same breakfast & lunch for awhile, to start the habit differently.
- Instead of thinking “Oh no, look at all the foods I can’t eat !”, consider adding colors into your diet with certain foods- green vegetables or red or yellow, and just add something slowly, do not try and change everything at once.
- You can eat all the broccoli you want, but with most foods choices- the portions should be a big consideration. Meat should be in the size of your palm per meal.
- Eat plenty of produce.
- Limit the sugar.
- Enjoy more fish & nuts
- Shun trans fats - try not to eat things that have been fried in commercial oils (donuts- dunkin)( French Fries)
- Keep sodium down/potassium up - (Fast foods are chock full of sodium)
- Eat good fats (Olive oils/avocados/nuts), These will also help keep your hunger levels even out.)
- Be aware of liquid calories (try to not drink soda or fruit juices with a lot of sugar)
- Limit alcohol.
- Enjoy the food you eat. Be discerning. If you want chocolate, choose a small piece of delicious dark chocolate & savor it.
- Support your local farmer’s market
- Learn about batch cooking.