WEEK FOUR: Steps+The Outdoors-how do we do it?
GOAL OF THE WEEK
To track your outdoor time over 7 days. Points outdoors = minutes outdoors = points. Example - 7 hours (420 minutes) and 14 minutes outdoors = 434 points. So at the end of this week, please send your minutes outside to Denise.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- This depends really on your normal schedule & some time taken to ponder how to sneak this in reasonably.
- Set up coffee dates to meet friends outside & take walks. Make it a regular thing.
- Set your alarms on your phone to remind you to go outside.
- Do some research about local areas that are beautiful.
- If you are a smoker, this may be one of the side bars to your habit- getting a break outside. And if you are not a smoker, just take a “smoke-free” break outside.
- Consider how many of your daily steps happen outside naturally, think about who to change that in small increments.
- Set up your staff meetings outside as walks, or seated looking at some natural outside beauty.
- Schedule, schedule & schedule some more.