WEEK ONE: Step+Sleep-where do we get help?
GOAL OF THE WEEK:
To try sleep at least 49 hours in 7 days. In this first week of the challenge, we are asking you to track how many hours of sleep you have in one night & then the week. While keeping track of sleep- your point system this week is to count one hour of sleep as one point. For example - 49 hours = 49 sleep points. So at the end of this week - before Monday- please send your sleep & step totals to Denise.
WHERE DO WE GET HELP?
- Check out your local bed store & try some new beds. Determine what type of mattress serves you best. Firm, medium or soft.
- Check out “DoTerra”, an essential oil company, or another reputable company.
- Take a yoga class or a beginner mediation class, to help learn how to slow your brain down.
- Warm milk before bed may help create melatonin and ease you in to sleep.
- Shocker alert - exercising during the day may allow the body to relieve mental stress + tire the body naturally. Hire a qualified personal trainer if needed.
- If you are consistently loosing sleep, check with your doctor, or consider adding to your professional emotional support team.
- Apps for sleep or meditation: “White Noise”, “Sleep Pillow”, “Sleep Cycle”, “Centered”, “HeadSpace”, “Aura”, “Sleep Genius”, “Deep Sleep”
- Four Yoga Poses to Do While In Bed:
- 1.Seated meditation
- 2.Seated Side Stretch
- 4.Lying Down Side Twist