WEEK ONE: Step+Sleep-how do we do it?
GOAL OF THE WEEK:
To try sleep at least 49 hours in 7 days. In this first week of the challenge, we are asking you to track how many hours of sleep you have in one night & then the week. While keeping track of sleep- your point system this week is to count one hour of sleep as one point. For example - 49 hours = 49 sleep points. So at the end of this week - before Monday- please send your sleep & step totals to Denise.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- Consider getting a “sleep routine”. Darken the lights in your bedroom. have a “regular” bedtime and “wake up” time.
- Get outside and into natural sunlight, (use sunscreen between 10-3pm), your hormone levels will even out & it will be easier to fall asleep.
- PUT THE PHONE IN ANOTHER ROOM AND STOP CHECKING IT at LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE BEDTIME. Good golly-how about THREE hours before?!
- Consider sleep aids that are healthy, commercial “sleepy time” or “camomile tea” can be enough to start the relaxation process.
- Take time to buy and use pillows/sheets and scents that will allow you to relax and wind down.
- Watch the caffeine + Red Bull intakes during the day.
- Essential oils can lessen the stress levels, help create a calmer frame of mind, and help relax your body.