WE'RE MAKING: Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is healthy and hearty way to start the day, the best part of this recipe is you can make it the day ahead (in fact it’s better soaking overnight) so it makes the morning prep totally effortless. Make this for a Sunday morning brunch and then you can enjoy the leftovers all week long (that is if there are any!).
CHAI AND BERRY BAKED OATMEAL
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 cup Chai Latte concentrate
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (preferably grade B for its stronger ﬂavor)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh Mixed Berries
Butter a 9”X13" (or similarly sized) baking dish. In a bowl combine the oats, salt, baking powder, and pecans (if using) then spread into the baking dish. In the same bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, apple sauce, almond milk, Chai Latte Concentrate and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the baking dish and mix together using a spatula. Top the oatmeal mixture with a generous number of mixed berries, cover and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning,m preheat your oven to 350 degrees, remove the oatmeal from the fridge and bake until golden and set, about 40-45 minutes. When the oatmeal is done, drizzle it with the melted butter and serve with maple syrup. It also keeps well and reheats nicely for a few days.